Monday 16 June 2008

MEP ride on 25 June in Brussels

Since 1996, the Federation of European Motorcyclists’ Associations (FEMA), organises every year a "MEP Motorcycle Ride".

The objective of the event is to bring together motorcycling citizens from all over Europe and the Members of the European Parliament (MEP) for an informal event, so as to give MEPs the opportunity to experience the pleasure of motorcycling, but especially to help them understand the issues motorcyclists are facing every day. Normally around 150 people attend the event (MEPs, their assistants, lobbying organizations, or simple motorcyclists).

This year, the 12th MEP Ride will take place on 25 June. The even will start at 3.30pm, with various activities (test rides, classes), with the actual ride departing at 6.30 from the AutoWorld Museum in the Center of Brussels.

A dinner and a concert will follow. I myself will go just for the ride, which should last around one hour and a half...if any of you readers are passing by, let me know and I will treat you to a nice Belgian beer (but only after the ride, don't worry...).

For more information, please visit this website, where the organizers should also put on the itinerary of the ride.

1 comment:

moi said...

Ooooh...
I've passed my day at 1km of the departure point and didn't know that...
if I had known, I would have passed there… for the beer ;-)