Saturday 7 June 2008

Revolution on your head

Are you a Communist? Are you one of those who believe that Che Guevara is a real hero? Do you own a t-shirt with his face? Do you have his image tattooed on your forearm? Well, why not buying this helmet then, and showing to the whole world that Revolution is what's on your mind (actually, on your head, properly speaking)...


When I saw it I couldn't believe it. But the helmet is for real. I took the photos myself a couple of days ago in a Brussels shop. It is manufactured by the Belgian helmet maker Lazer, which until a few months ago owned the brand AGV (Valentino Rossi's helmets - AGV now is owned by Dainese).

The designer must have thought that Che Guevara was not enough, so he also threw in the CCCP letters...I am not sure why anyone would like to have an helmet gloryfying one of the most violent regimes ever, like the Soviet Union was (I am not sure either why they put on the same helmet the USSR acronym and Che Guevara...), but hey, if they were to sell it in Italy it would be sold out in a minute...every time I go back there I am amazed by the number of people sporting a Che Guevara t-shirt...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, interesting. The letter "CCCP" is definetely awkward. I saw some riders wear Che-printed clothes, and I thought two aspects of Che can be pursued by riders; He was rider, and he showed spirit of defiance.

I myself admire him a lot but I won't wear any commercialized Che-products.

Demonio Pellegrino said...

he definitevely was a rider, with the good spirit. I am not sure he would like to see his face on a helmet next to the CCCP letters though...